If you’re a true gamer then you’ll know that sometimes you require that tad bit extra gaming screen real-estate, right? That typical and regular 16:9 screen just doesn’t cut it in some situations. But hey, don’t fret, the GadgetGang is here. We’re going to highlight for you in this article the best ultrawide gaming monitors. Believe us when we tell you we’ll never leave you hanging on anything tech-related. In fact, I’ll be a little audacious and say that you can take that to the bank. Anyway, back to why we’re here. Hereinbelow is our list of the best widescreen gaming monitors on the market at the moment. Hope our POV is something you can totally agree with. We’re not lying when we say we have your best gaming interests at heart.
1: Acer Predator X34P
- Let the game wrap itself around your vision as the deep, 1900R curve bends and extends past your peripheral sight
- Go beyond the standard gaming resolution, ultrawide QHD (3440 x 1440) creates an entirely different kind of game experience
- Smooth, tear-free gaming is the norm with NVidia G-Sync and a 120Hz overclockable refresh rate
The Acer Predator X34P leaves not much to dislike. It’s, in fact, a pretty solid ultrawide gaming monitor come to think of it. It has 120Hz support and G-Sync well blended into a 1900R-curved display monitor that contains good contrast as well accurate color. Better still, its unique approach to gamma helps everything else work so much better. Oh, and not only is it faster than its predecessor, but it’s also so much more aesthetically pleasing too. Kind of like that super beauty and brains combination on the girl (or boy) of your dreams, you dig? We’re gender sensitive here by the way. Measuring in at thirty-four inches, this screen is a bit smaller than most of its competitors in the ultrawide curved monitor realm. However, it still certainly gets the job done. It ships fully assembled making it easy to install. No fuss, no hustle, just plug and play. The best ultra wide monitor for gaming goes to the Predator X34P.
2: Alienware AW3418DW
- 3-year basic warranty with exchange
- Enhance your gaming experience with AlienFX - a fully customizable RGB lighting system designed to bring you closer to the worlds you play in...
- A premium, polished silver finish and contemporary design reflect Alienware's commitment to sophisticated appearance, unparalleled quality and...
For a premium price, this Alienware monitor offers strong gaming performance alongside an incredibly rich, curved thirty-four-inch display screen. Much less the same size as the monitor we’ve just previously highlighted. Alienware, with this curved gaming monitor, has proved that it can provide peripherals as eye-catching as the futuristic-looking PCs it continues to give to the world. This immersive display boasts Nivida G-sync capabilities and a gorgeous 3440×1440, 34-inch display screen within a LED-laden chassis. This Alienware curved gaming monitor is specifically designed to grab one’s attention. Its bold ultrawide screen has the same sleek design most Alienware desktops and laptops do. Thin LED lighting strips accompanied by a sharply-angled base. However, the display can’t be rotated vertically which means that the rear port can be a little hard to reach sometimes. Other than that one downside, this monitor is superb.
3: AOC Agon AG352UCG6
- Immersion redefined - Ultra Wide 35" curved monitor for a total gaming experience! G-SYNC technology and 120 Hz refresh rate give you responsive...
- 120Hz Refresh Rate - Equip yourself with twice the frame rate of other monitors and say goodbye to image stuttering and blurry motion
- G Sync - delivers the smoothest and most breath-taking gaming experience on offer
Some may be of the opinion that this model didn’t have any significant improvements when compared to its predecessor when it comes to gaming experience. However, the Agon AG352UCG6 still offers G-Sync enhanced performance and a 120Hz refresh rate which is quite okay if you ask me. Its contrast compromises assure it achieves accurate color schemes. The 120Hz refresh rate is its most obvious change. Unfortunately, there’s no DCI-P3 or HDR color here, but Agon’s new installment still manages to provide solid gaming experiences to those that are interested in ultrawide curved formats. Hence its inclusion in our list of the best curved ultrawide gaming monitors. Its upright and base are finished in smooth satin and manufactured using cast aluminum. They are available in both silver as well as black.
4: LG 34UC79G-B
- 21:9 UltraWide FHD (2560*1080) display offers visual comfort and ensures your best viewing pleasure. There is no colour shift or no distortion of...
- AMD Freesync offers high-end gaming without screen tearing or stuttering that occurs due to the difference between the GPU frame rate and the...
- 1ms Motion Blur Reduction maintains an objects clarity as it moves across the screen to remove blurring in fast paced games
Many experts are of the opinion that this gaming monitor from LG might be their most intriguing yet. We here at the Gadget Gang follow that same school of thought. Its curved panel not only delivers a wide range of features but exceptional screen quality as well. All this at a price that’s much lower than that of its rivals and competitors. It also has a thirty-four inch diagonal that’s pretty huge and its gentle curve improves the monitor’s gaming credentials. However, these aren’t the only attractive attributes it has. It has an AMD FreeSync as well as a panel that runs on IPS. It’s 21:9 panel format has a 2560×1080 resolution which is much less than that of the Acer Predator and AOC Agon mentioned above. This is due to the fact it costs far less than what those two cost.
5: ASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
- 35 inch 1800R curved gaming monitor with fast 100Hz refresh rate designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS-exclusive Extreme Low Motion Blur for blur-free graphics and Adaptive-Sync (Free Sync) technology for no-tearing visuals
- ROG Strix XG Series gaming monitors feature ASUS Aura Sync lighting on the back and a customizable light signature projection for gaming-inspired...
This new thirty-five-inch ultrawide gaming monitor by Asus is pretty neat if we do say so ourselves. This thirty-five-inch gaming monitor has a 21:9 panel format with a native resolution of 3440×1440 and delivers 107ppi. The most noticeable thing about this Asus gaming monitor is its 1800mm-radius curvature. The wraparound effect it offers is ideal for 1st person shooter games as well as the many other perspective-type video games. It has a rock-solid stand alongside a firm movement feel and an all metal-base. A thin grille handles ventilation, but the monitor lacks inbuilt speakers. Full control comes in the form of a superbly designed OCD joystick by Asus and four buttons.
6: Samsung C49HG90
- Discover the groundbreaking 49-inch super ultra-wide 32:9 monitor with new metal Quantum dot technology and VA panel with 1ms MPRT
- The fast 144Hz screen refresh rate ensures you flawlessly smooth action scenes even in games with high frame rates. And you can adjust the...
- Easy Setting Box S/WEasy Setting Box lets you partition the screen or display multiple screens of different sizes with just a click for truly...
This gaming monitor by Samsung boasts a forty-nine-inch screen size with a resolution of 3840×1080 DFHD. Its HDR output is helped out by the improved color representation that comes with its QLED technology. This massive ultrawide monitor is a sight to behold because of its sheer width. You should expect about four feet of your desk space to be eaten up by this gigantic gaming monitor. Its minimalist design hides that it’s gaming-oriented by nature. It has modest panel borders with reasonably thin bezels. Definitely a true ultrawide gaming monitor.
7: BenQ X3501R
- Panoramic entertainment: Immerse you in 35 Inch screen and 3440x1440 resolution with 1800R curvature
- High dynamic range: EX3501R's HDR technology offers high brightness and contrast level and brings detailed image performance
- USB-C one-cable connectivity: USB-C enables SuperSpeed USB data transfer and 2K video delivery over a single cable
Last on our list of the best curved ultrawide gaming monitors is the BenQ X3501R. Unlike the other monitors mentioned in this article, BenQ monitors are usually designed to blend into office environments and surroundings. They aren’t the flashy type. However, a thirty-five-inch curved display screen might not be able to achieve this. An eye-catcher such as this is ideal for the gaming community. At a resolution of 3440×1440, this monitor is sure to take your gaming experience to the next level
That concludes this article on the best ultrawide gaming monitors. As always, we hope you’ve liked what we had in store for you. The Acer Predator that comes in at number one is actually a favorite of one of GadgetGang’s very own. Try one of these out, get back to us and then tell us what you think. Maybe then we’ll tell you who that gang member is. And with that, until next time.