In the past few days, two noticeable pieces of evidence have erupted across the internet that suggest Star Wars Battlefront 3 is currently in development.
The first one is a Tweet by Peter Vesti Frendrup, studio-level design director at EA DICE who worked on both the Battlefront games.
Replying to a Tweet asking if “DICE teased Battlefront III”, Frendrup replied with a GIF of a confused man counting up to 3.
While this may not the most concrete evidence, Star Wars Battlefront II actors were spotted working on motion capture and voice acting for an “unknown project”.
Janina Gavankar (Iden Versio), Anthony Skordi (Admiral Garrick Versio) and T.J Ramini (Del Meeko) were all in Los Angeles in November 2020 – at least from the 9th to the 22nd of November. All cast members posted photos of themselves either in a voice recording booth or holding a motion-capture suit. Ramini and Skordi confirmed in December 2020 that they were recently working together on a yet-to-be-announced project. The only likely project that they could all be working on together is something to do with Inferno Squad, such as a Battlefront game.
Below, you can find a detailed round-up of all the Tweets by these actors: (thanks to Potatoslayer2 on Reddit)
- Janina’s first mention of mocap work comes from this tweet on the 19th of November 2020. It shows a photo of a motion-capture suit labelled with her initials and a shushing emoji as the caption.
- Her next mention comes on the 21st of November 2020 (or 20th depending on your timezone.) Here’s the tweet. It’s again a photo of a motion-capture suit, this time with the caption:Diff day, diff suit. This is one of the coolest weeks of my life.
- There’s also a photo from the 17th of November 2020 in what looks to be a motion-capture studio. The critical thing here is that the location is tagged as Los Angeles. This will be relevant later.
By itself, these tweets are actually pretty normal and the type of thing that any actor would tweet when they’re working on a new project that they can’t talk about. But then in the same time span, we have these next tweets that stir the rumour that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is in development:
- Mr Skordi’s first hint of mocap/voice acting comes from a tweet on the 7th of November 2020. Here’s a link. It’s a basic photo of himself in a voice recording booth. His replies and likes on this tweet are where things get interesting – when asked “What’re you doing there?”, he responds with a basic shushing emoji. One of the replies to this tweet also asked “Star Wars?”, which he then Liked.
- Anthony also posted a photo of a motion-capture studio in the same week that Janina Gavankar did, however, that tweet has since been deleted by the looks of it so I can’t prove that claim and it lies in the realm of “source(s): dude trust me.”
- On the 21st/22nd of November 2020, Anthony uploaded a photo of a Christmas tree. This tweet has a location-tag of “The Grove”, a shopping centre in Los Angeles. You can also see the words “Los Angeles” in a sign in the photo. So far we can confirm that Janina and Mr Skordi were in Los Angeles at the same time.
- On a lesser note, Anthony’s pinned tweet is discussing Admiral Versio and talking about whether or the character should have gone down with his ship. Highly likely to just be some fun discussion and not a hint that this character did survive, but worth mentioning.
- T.J uploaded a picture of a motion-capture suit on the 13th/14th of November 2020. (Again, the date depends on your timezone.) This is in the same week that Janina uploaded her motion-capture photo. It has the caption:Hello, old friend
- On the 17th of November 2020, T.J posted a tweet with the caption:Aaaand now it’s 80 degrees again… #LosAngelesThanks to that Los Angeles hastag, we can now confirm that Janina, Anthony and T.J were all in Los Angeles during the same time period.
Anthony and T.J:
- On the 19th of December 2020, Anthony posted a tweet with a clip of Del Meeko. The tweet is [email protected] is such a wonderful actor and an amazing human being.To which Ramini then responds with:Right back atcha, mate. So lovely seeing and working with you again. On what, we shan’t reveal, of course
Star Wars Battlefront’s fanbase has grown enormously since its release. Epic Games is giving away Star Wars Battlefront 2 for free from January 14th to January 21st, which will further increase the fanbase.
We firmly believe that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is currently in development. However, going by the fact that the motion capture concluded just a few weeks ago, the game is still in production stage and it won’t be any time soon that we officially hear a word about it. It can easily be a year or two before the game is even teased.