Exynos 1380, the newest midrange chipset from Samsung, was unveiled. The new SoC is an upgrade over the Exynos 1280 from the previous year. A more powerful AI Engine and UFS 3.1 storage are supported. The chipset can now support smartphones with panels that are up to FHD+ resolution, 144Hz refresh rates, and 200MP main cameras.
Samsung Exynos 1380 specs:
- Process technology: 5 nm EUV
- CPU: 4x Cortex-A78 @2.4Ghz + 4x Cortex-A55 @2.0GHz.
- GPU: Arm Mali-G68 MP5
- AI Engine: AI Engine with NPU, 4.9 TOPS.
- Modem: 5G NR Sub-6GHz + 5G NR mmWave, 3.79 Gbps DL, 1.28 Gbps UL, global 5G multi-SIM.
- Camera: Single camera up to 200 MP, Triple camera up to 16 MP, 4K video @30fps recording and playback.
- Display: FHD+ @144 Hz
- Memory: LPDDR4x/5
- Storage: UFS v3.1
- Other: Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo GNSS.
Exynos 1380 is manufactured by Samsung using its 5nm EUV manufacturing process. It has a CPU with 4 Cortex-A78 performance cores running at 2.4 GHz and 4 Cortex-A55 efficiency cores operating at 2.0 GHz. The Mali-G68 MP5 chip from Arm controls the GPU side.
According to Samsung, the on-device AI capabilities offer both improved picture identification and more sophisticated language recognition for voice help. You get an integrated 5G modem with support for mmWave and sub-6GHz networks for connection. Moreover, the chip manages dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and location through BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, and GPS GNSS.
Samsung’s next Galaxy A54 phone is anticipated to have the Exynos 1380 processor.