So the rumors were true, the iPhone 12’s lineup won’t include a power adapter (nor a new set of EarPods). It’s not like we’re going to miss the 5W block that usually comes in the box and takes about 7 months to charge your iPhone. Also, this way Apple aims to reduce electronic waste and help the environment, and well yes, save money. While this all sounds great, some people don’t have a single USB-C charger hanging around in their house. That’s why we made a list of the best iPhone 12 chargers and the best iPhone 12 power adapters so that you can make a wise decision about how to charge your iPhone 12.
“As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini do not include a power adapter or EarPods”, says Apple on their website. It also encourages consumers to “Please use their current Apple power adapter and headphones, or purchase these accessories separately.” So it’s really just the phone with a Lightning to USB-C charging cable, which results in a thinner product box.
The iPhone 12, 12 Mini, Pro & Pro Max will be compatible with MagSafe Chargers, and that’s good news. But that also won’t include a power adapter and it will have a USB-C type connection, so it’s a safe bet to go for USB-C charger adapters.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best USB-C Charger Adapters for iPhone 12
Like we said before, it’s important to point out that you should try to go for a USB-C type adapter. Why? Because it’s becoming the norm for technology manufacturers to make products with this port. Sure, you can go for a USB-A type power adapter and USB-A to Lightning, but going for a USB-C type might be better in the long-run.
There are things to consider before choosing a charger for iPhone 12 other than just the price, like wattage. The new iPhone 12 will support fast charging and you obviously want that from your power adapter, and if it supports a higher level of wattage (60W+), you can even charge other Apple products like MacBooks.
And although these chargers haven’t been technically tested on iPhone 12, we’re making this list based on these charger’s performance on previous models. So here’s our list of the best chargers for iPhone 12:
1. RAVPower 61W PD GaN Charger
- Compact Size & Superior Performance: GaN tech & PI chipset make the charger 50% smaller than a standard 61W MacBook charger, slim enough to carry...
- High Efficiency USB C wall Charger: 61W output, high up to Charge your 13” MacBook Pro to 100% in just 1. 8 hours, to charge iPhones 2 hours...
- Friendly to various PD devices: The RAVPowe 61W wall charger match a variety of PD devices from smart phones to laptops, one for all and making...
Best All-Around Charger for iPhone 12
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 1.9 x 1.9 x 1.2 in / 4.9 x 4.9 x 3.2 cm.
- Weight: 3.7oz / 105g.
- Wattage: 61W.
You can’t expect us to make a list of the best power adapters for iPhone 12 without mentioning RAVPower. Here we have a small and powerful adapter that can handle up to 61W, so that’s great news if you need to charge your laptop without having to buy too many products. Want to charge your iPhone? Go ahead. Your MacBook? Do it. iPad on low battery? It’s all possible with this power adapter.
It’s small and slim so you can carry it around and it will fit the most intimate corners of any wall. Which means that it’s perfect for both travel and going to the office. 61W PD GaN Charger has built-in mechanisms that protect it against the dangers of overheating, overcharging, and short circuits. It also has foldable pins for extra portability.
All in all, this is a power adapter that won’t easily let you down. It’s small, light, portable, and most importantly, works excellently. A wise option for iPhone (and laptop) owners.
- Charge almost any device.
- Only one USB-C port.
2. Anker Nano (PowerPort III Nano)
- Designed for iPhone: Anker Nano’s 20W output is designed to provide the maximum charge to iPhone 12.
- Unrivaled Speed: Charge iPhone 12 and previous iPhone models up to 3× faster than with an original 5W Charger.
- Space-Saving Design: At 50% smaller than a standard 18W iPhone charger, Anker Nano provides more power while saving space in your bag or while...
Best iPhone 12 Charger Overall
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 1.81 x 1.08 x 1.08 in / 4.5 x 2.7 x 2.7 cm.
- Weight: 1.12oz/ 28g.
- Wattage: 20W.
Anker is another well-known cell phone accessory manufacturer with great quality products and a loyal fanbase. This charger can charge up to 20W, which means that it allows fast charging for iPhone 12, which is just enough for the max input of the iPhone 12. Another great accomplishment is being the number one bestseller in cell phone wall chargers on Amazon, which is pretty impressive to me.
It’s small, compact, and portable to take around anywhere you go. It doesn’t have the most aesthetic design ever, but it does its job and I think that’s all that matters after all. It weighs the same as an AA battery and charges your phone 3 times faster than the regular and old 5W block.
Built with heat dissipation for great-quality performance, this charger adapter will solve all of your charging needs that your iPhone 12 might have. It’s so good that it’s no surprise it’s the best-selling wall charger on Amazon. A great and cheap option for anyone wanting to charge their iPhone 12.
- Incredibly light and small.
- No LED indicator.
3. Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter
- The Apple 18W USB‑C power adapter offers fast, efficient charging at home, in the office, or on the go
- While the power adapter is compatible with any Usb‑c-enabled device, Apple recommends pairing it with the 11-inch iPad Pro and 12. 9-Inch iPad...
- Charging cable sold separately
Best Official Charger for iPhone 12
- Wattage: 20W.
Apple announced a new charger for their iPhone 12’s lineup. We can’t say anything about Apple that you don’t already know. Their products are great and their accessories are well-known for their awesome Apple-quality. The downside? Their not so awesome Apple prices.
Still, this charger works perfectly for your iPhone products. It’s small, aesthetic, and you can tuck it in every pocket to charge your phone on your office, your house, or the nearest wall around you. This is fast charging technology done the Apple way.
- High quality.
- Boring design.
4: Anker USB C Charger PowerPort PD 2
- Next-Gen Speed: Equipped with a USB-C Power Delivery port, and loaded with 18W of output power to give the latest iPhones a full-speed charge
- Two-in-One: With 1 USB-C Power Delivery port, and 1 USB port with Anker’s PowerIQ, you’re ready to charge two of your devices simultaneously
- Size Matters: All this power comes installed in a pocket-friendly compact body, to go wherever the journey takes you
Best Dual-Port Charger for iPhone 12
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.48 x 2.44 x 1.14 in / 6.2 x 6.1 x 2.8 cm.
- Weight: 3.68oz / 104.3 g.
- Wattage: 30W.
Anker does a great job at making the best chargers for iPhone 12 Pro and other models. This time, we have a 30W dual-port power adapter with a USB and a USB-C port to charge two devices at the same time. It can charge one device at 30W and if two devices are at the same then it evenly distributes the charge for an optimal performance.
In Anker, they believe that size matters, a lot. That’s why they keep making super small and compact power adapters that take almost no space but deliver great power and fast charging technology for all of your iPhone devices. The plug is foldable, the material is solid, and the interior design is built with heat dissipation so it won’t harm your phone with overheating.
Anker is committed to creating faster and safer products for you, so it’s worth taking a look at what they do. That’s why these are some of the best chargers for the iPhone 12.
- Powerful two-port charger.
- Folding electrical prongs are shorter than usual.
5: Anker PowerPort Atom PD 1
- Small yet mighty - the laptop charger that's the size of a phone charger. A 30W output delivers high-speed charging to Apple phones, tablets,...
- High-Speed - Charge iPhone (8/8+/X/XS/XS/Max) up to 50% in just 30 minutes—2. 5× faster than a 5W iPhone stock charger.
- Ultra-compact - 40% smaller than an out-of-the-box MacBook charger; about the size of a golf ball. Takes up minimal space in any pack or pocket.
Great USB-C Port Charger for iPhone 12
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.17 x 1.38 x 1.61 in / 5.5 x 3.5 x 4 cm.
- Weight: 1.76oz / 28.3 g.
- Wattage: 30W.
If all you need is one powerful power adapter for your iPhone and that’s it, then you might as well check out another one of Anker’s products. This model is just as powerful, small, and efficient as you’d expect from an Anker power adapter for iPhone 12.
It comes with one USB-C type port that can charge up to 30W. So it’s great for other higher wattage-demanding Apple devices like iPads. It’s built to prevent overheat and all of those unwanted issues. It’s also 40% smaller than your average MacBook charger. Feel free to join the Anker family of around 50 million users worldwide and take home this wonderful power adapter for iPhone 12.
- Aesthetic design.
- Only one port.
6: AUKEY Focus USB C Charger 30W PA-D1
- Dynamic Detect: Augmented with AUKEY Dynamic Detect the USB-C port can output the full power of the charger with 30W Power Delivery when used on...
- Convenient Charging :This compact dual-port usb c wall charger features a slim & lightweight design with foldable plug for convenience and...
- Future-Proof Power Source : A powerful USB c charger with Power Delivery 3 0 output and standard USB output to efficiently charge all your USB-C...
Great Dual-Port Charger for iPhone 12
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.36 x 2.17 x 1.1 in. / 6 x 5.5 x 2.8 cm.
- Weight: 3.63oz / 103g.
- Wattage: 30W.
Aukey is another well-known manufacturer that has managed to create well-functioning phone accessories for iPhone and Samsung devices. This model allows you to plug in up to two devices with a USB and a USB-C type outlet. This charger allows up to 30W, which by now you know that this means fast charging. Allows 30W when it’s used with one device and when two devices are connected it distributes evenly the charge. And given its small size, it’s also portable and travel-friendly.
This is one of the best chargers and best power adapters for the iPhone 12 because it has all of the necessary features that your iPhone needs from a power adapter. It prevents your phone from the unnecessary threats of overheating, overcharging, and short circuits. And like all of the power adapters from this list, it has a C-type USB Port because the future belongs to C-Ports and that’s a fact.
It’s been tested for safety and durability. On safety: it reduces the risk of battery damage by 80%. On durability: It’s been extensively tested to ensure great solidity. Leave your iPhone 12 in good hands with this amazing phone charger.
- Two ports.
- Feels somewhat sturdy.
If you’re only buying the iPhone 12 then you might not need a two-port charger, but if you want to charge your laptop then you might consider one of those. And it’s better if it has a higher wattage.
Remember that all of these chargers are still yet to be tested on iPhone 12 devices, this list was made on the previous performance of these chargers. Leave a comment and let us know what you think. Be sure to follow GadgetGang to stay updated on the latest and most important tech news.