The recently announced Google Pixel 5 was launched during Google’s ‘Launch Night In’ event alongside the likes of new Nest Audio, Chromecast with Google TV, and Pixel 4a 5G.
The Pixel 5 is the new flagship smartphone from Google this year and includes a load of new features such as more RAM, 5G, an aluminum build, a higher refresh rate display, and wireless charging. One of the most unique features of the Pixel 5 is the decision to make it out of aluminum, yet still being able to charge wirelessly.
Actually, the Pixel not only offers wireless charging, but reverse wireless charging as well. Battery Share is a new Google feature that allows you to recharge your Pixel Buds on the back of your Pixel 5. It’s able to do that as the phone actually has a bio-resin layer (a fancy way of describing a really thin plastic layer) on top of the aluminum and a gap in the back of the aluminum to allow the electrical charge to pass through it. The small hole/gap in the aluminum has a wireless charging coil, which is how the device supports the wireless charging capability.
So, the Pixel 5 is set for wireless charging, but what is the best wireless charger for Pixel 5?
1 – Anker 15W Max Wireless Charger
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50+ million powered by our leading technology.
- The Need for Speed: With up to 15W max charging speeds, 11W efficient charging for the Google Pixel 4, 10W high-speed charging for Samsung...
- Premium Design: An aluminum base is designed for greater heat dissipation, ensuring a more stable charging experience, while anti-slip silicone...
The Anker 15W Max Wireless Charging Pad comes with 4 charging modes for superior wireless charging performance. It’s compatible with a wide range of devices and works simply by placing your phone on the center of the charging pad. PowerWave technology will do the rest. With 15W of power, it provides a fast charge, while retaining good heat dissipation and stability. A 5ft charging cable is an added bonus, all of these reasons are why we’ve rated it the best wireless charger for Pixel 5.
- Up to 15W max of charging speeds – 11W efficient charging for the Google Pixel 4, 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy, and a 7.5W charging mode to refuel iPhones up to 10% faster than other brands.
- An aluminum base is designed for greater heat dissipation, ensuring a more stable charging experience, while anti-slip silicone pads keep your phone in place while charging.
- PowerWave Alloy Pad is compatible with all Qi-enabled devices.
- Includes 5 ft USB-A to C cable, welcome guide, and 18-month warranty.
2 – Belkin Wireless Charger 15W
- Fast wireless charging up to 15-watts for Qi-enabled devices, including iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel and more
- Simplify and unclutter your workspace with the convenience of wireless charging
- Charges through lightweight plastic cases – up to 3mm
You get up to 15W of power from the Belkin wireless charger. Compatible with any Qi-compatible phone, the charging pad delivers 10W of standard power, with boost charge available for the extra 5W. Just place your phone on the charging pad to start. LED light indicators and a non-slip surface will keep your phone in place and charging correctly. It’s on the more expensive end of the scale, but the ability to charge through cases, the power, and the simplicity make this a reliable and high performing option as one of the best pixel 5 wireless chargers.
- Fast wireless charging up to 15W for Qi-enabled devices, including iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel and more.
- Charges through lightweight plastic cases – up to 3mm.
- Includes 2-year warranty and Qi Certification.
3 – RAVPower Fast Wireless Charger 10W
- Save at Least 30 Minutes: RAVPower’s wireless charger with pioneering HyperAir technology delivers the fastest charging speed for both iOS &...
- Universal Compatibility: RAVPower’s wireless fast charger is compatible with iPhone MAX/XR/XS/X/8/8 Plus, with HyperAir, 10W compatible Galaxy...
- Case Friendly & FOD Technology: Don't fumble with your phone case, Power Wave transmits power directly through protective cases up to 8mm. Metal...
The RAVPower wireless charger delivers fast charging speeds for both iOS and Android devices. With 10W of power, the wireless charger features triple temperature controls with 20% faster heat dispersion, and HyperAir to accurately detect your phone and start charging immediately. The RAVPower charger matches good performance with some nice safety and stability features.
- Features pioneering HyperAir technology to deliver fast charging speed for both iOS & Android devices. A full charge takes 30 minutes-80 minutes less than ordinary wireless chargers.
- Compatible with all Qi-enabled devices (QC 3.0 adapter included), even for an AirPod case.
- PowerWave transmits power directly through protective cases up to 8mm.
- HyperAir, cooling silicone & aluminium alloy feature triple temperature controls to effectively disperse heat 20% faster.
- Double-sided silicone design provides additional stability, and prevents phones from slipping off.
4 – Anker Wireless Charger
- The Anker Advantage: Enjoyed by over 50 million users worldwide, our leading technology will change the way you charge.
- Complete Charging Convenience: Instantly charge your phone or earbuds simply by placing them in the center of PowerWave Pad. Never fuss around...
- Universal Compatibility: PowerWave Pad provides 10W output for Samsung Galaxy, 7.5W for iPhone, and 5W for other phones or wireless earbuds...
The 10W Anker wireless charger features a PowerWave pad which supports charging through phone cases up to 5mm thick. The charging pad is sleep-friendly with a flashing blue indication for metal obstruction detected, flashing green for incompatible adapter or cable connected, solid blue for 3 seconds and then off for connected to power, and solid blue indicating an actively charging device. It’s simple, sleek and a good budget option from an established and reliable manufacturer in Anker.
- Quickly charge your phone or earbuds simply by placing them in the center of PowerWave Pad.
- PowerWave Pad provides 10W output for Android devices, 7.5W for iPhone, and 5W for other phones or wireless earbuds (including AirPods).
- PowerWave charges directly through protective cases up to 5 mm thick (not including cases with magnetic or metal attachments).
- Includes 4 ft Micro USB Cable, welcome guide, and worry-free 18-month warranty.
5 – Yootech Wireless Charger
- 【3 Charging modes Available for Different Phones】7.5W charging mode is for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XS MAX/XS/XR/X/8/8 plus with latest...
- 【Unique Design Perfect for AirPods】 It is compatible with AirPods (with wireless charging case) and AirPods Pro. The size of the AirPods fits...
- 【Safer and Easier to USE】Exclusive Multifunctional Intelligent Protect Technology provides temperature control, surge protection,...
Another charger on the budget end, the Yootech wireless charger doesn’t pack as much of a punch as some of the other options but it features three charging modes for different devices. The 7.5W charging mode is well suited to iOS devices, while the 10W charging mode provides fast charging for Android devices. It’s case friendly and you can also get it in black, blue or red.
- 3 charging modes available for different phones – 5W, 7.5W, 10W.
- Exclusive Multifunctional Intelligent Protect Technology provides temperature control, surge protection, short-circuit prevention.
- Green LED Indicator flashes for 3s if the power source is connected, then 16s if it recognizes your phone. Light will then turn off to keep the charging process sleep-friendly.
- Includes 1 3ft USB Type C Cable, a User Manual. life-time money back/replacement warranty with 12-hour response service.
Never lose power again
These Pixel 5 wireless chargers will ensure you can quickly and easily keep your device charger, without the need for excessive wires or plugs. For more power and speed, the 15W Anker is hard to beat. The 4 charging modes, the 5ft cable and the stable design of the pad offer everything you would want in a wireless charger. The RAVPower wireless charger is also a really good option, with slightly less power but a bigger focus on safety and performance. The HyperAir, cooling silicone and triple temperature controls ensure stability and overheating preventing nicely.
Overall, the wireless charging functionality is one of the best things that sets the Pixel 5 apart from its mid-range counterparts, this is why it’s important to find the best wireless charger for Pixel 5. The use of the aluminum frame with the bio-resin ‘skin’ allows the phone to wireless charge, remain really thin, yet feel premium all at the same time.
Aluminum phones typically feel more sturdy than glass phones and they don’t crack as easily, so aluminum plus wireless charging is a winning combination from Google.
The Pixel 5 full specs
The Pixel 5 weighs just 151g, making it one of the lightest when compared to similar rivals, is water resistant, is made from an aluminium frame and has a good amount of RAM. The camera software is new and improved, the aluminium metal body prevents dents and wear and tear better, and Android 11 delivers a clean user interface.
- Screen: 6in FHD+ 90Hz OLED Smooth Display (432ppi)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- RAM: 8GB of RAM
- Battery: Wireless charging compatible, 4080 mAh
- Storage: 128GB
- Operating system: Android 11
- Camera: 12.2MP + 16MP ultrawide, 8MP selfie
- Connectivity: 5G, eSIM, wifi 5, NFC, Bluetooth 5 (AAC, AptX/HD, LDAC) and location
- Water resistance: IP68 (1.5 metres depth for 30 minutes)
- Dimensions: 144.7 x 70.4 x 8mm
- Weight: 151g