A vertical laptop stand is one of the most underrated and often forgotten accessories when thinking about laptop accessories in general. However, it’s a crucial part of simple desk-organization if you intend to get rid of clutter on your desk.
Vertical laptop stands come in a variety of shapes and designs. For instance, some of them have space to hold two or more gadgets. On the other hand, some are made to optimize airflow.
Why should you get the best vertical laptop stand?
A vertical laptop stand is not one of the flashy pieces of accessories which get out of use within a few days. To think of it, a vertical stand will quickly become one of your most-used accessories once you get one.
A laptop takes up most of the desk space when you’re not using it. In fact, the average 13-inch MacBook will take a chunk of usable space from your desk. Using a vertical laptop stand allows you to maximize the desktop space by minimizing the space occupied by the laptop when you’re not using it.
Let’s cut the chase though. If you’re out hunting for a good laptop stand, here’s a handful of the best for you;
1: Omoton Desktop Aluminium Stand
- Optimize Desktop Space - It cradles your laptop or notebook vertically...
- Adjustable Size - Its adjustable width enables compatibility with most...
- Exquisite Workmanship - It’s sandblasted, brushed, and CNC-machined...
By far, this vertical laptop stand is the best choice for you, especially if you’re on a budget. While it looks rather simple and rudimentary, it packs a lot of punch. Some reviewers have said that it probably punches above its weight in terms of holding capacity.
The defining thing about this stand is the workmanship behind it. It’s simple, sleek design is the ultimate work of art. Its Aluminium body is made through a process combining both CNC machining and sandblasting to arrive at the perfect weight and texture. Needless to say, the fact that the body is carved out of Aluminium alloy means that the stand is almost scratch-proof
Unlike other stands, the Omoton stand has a locking mechanism for your laptop. This stand also comes with a niftily inserted non-silicon protective mat between its two vertical sides. Apart from stabilizing the grip on the laptop, it also ensures that your laptop doesn’t get any of those aggravating scratches.
Key Specs and Features
- Adjustable thickness: For those with multiple devices, this stand is versatile enough to take everything from super-thin tablets to bulkier MacBook’s
- Double Dock Locking
- Size:5.7 x 3.7 x1.9 inches
- Weight:600 grams
- Color: Silver
- Compatibility- MacBook Air and Pro, Dell Notebooks and Microsoft Surface Laptops
2: Macally Vertical Laptop Stand
- OPTIMIZE YOUR WORKSTATION: The laptop vertical stand will enhance your...
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: With an adjustable cradle, our vertical macbook...
- INTUITIVE CRAFTSMANSHIP & DESIGN: Built with durable SECC steel, this...
Conventionally, laptop stands are made to follow certain design rules. They’re usually straight, light, and slightly adjustable. However, you’d have to throw all those rules out of the window once it comes to the Macally Vertical Laptop Stand. From the onset, this stand was built to change your outlook on what a laptop stand should look like. Although this was a risky gamble, it appears that it paid off in the end. As it stands, the alloyed steel and rubber design are interesting, yet still rudimentary.
Apart from the highly interesting design, this laptop stand comes with a few more surprises. Its ultimate selling point, for instance, is its extreme adjustability. As a user, you can change the stand dimensions to fit any laptop between 0.63 inches to 1.19 inches. To be honest, this simply means that this vertical laptop stand can take almost every laptop in the market!
Besides, the stand has a relatively wider base than your average vertical stand. This makes it sturdier and less susceptible to drop. This wider base also provides the required margins to allow adjustments in the cradle’s holding width.
Key Features and Specs
- Highly adjustable holding bay
- Material: Steel frame with rubber padding to ensure grip.
- Size: 3.93 by 7.08 by 3.50 inches
- Weight: 0.85 pounds
3: Satechi Universal Aluminium Stand
- UNIQUE SPACE SAVING DESIGN – sturdy anodized aluminum vertical stand...
- ADJUSTS TO FIT ALMOST ANY LAPTOP – backside knob adjusts stand’s...
- PROMOTES AIR FLOW – Prevents overheating by minimizing contact with...
Among tech- accessory brands in general, Satechi probably is one of the biggest names. The company takes a tone of pride from its efforts in designing great accessory products across the range. Even with this history, this vertical laptop stand is the company’s first foray into building a formidable laptop stand. Although the stand resembles others in the market, it performs remarkably well when compared to its doppelgangers.
The best thing about this stand is the slight elevation it gives your laptop. This allows for more airflow in the space between the laptop and the desk. In addition, the elevation aspect also creates an appealing sight when you think about it.
Besides the elevation, the stand comes with a small knob on the side to allow adjustments on the width of the cradle. By simply screwing the knob in either direction, you can change the dimensions of the holding compartment to take in different laptop sizes. On average, this stand can hold any laptop between 0.5 to 1.25 inches with a vice-like grip.
Key Features and Specs
- Aluminum body with rubberized silicon lining for grip
- Adjustable cradle width
- Size: 7.05 x 3.9 x 2.75 inches
- Weight: 1.5 Pounds
4: Twelve South BookArc for MacBook
When it comes to revolutionary space-saving designs, no other vertical stands beats this one. At first glance, the whole stand looks like a simple arrangement of curved Aluminium bars, bound at the end using more Aluminium, which is topped with rubber. Just like a book, judging this stand from what you simply see will be a huge mistake.
While other vertical stands come with uniform adjustment space, this stand comes with three primary adjustment options. They are labeled as A, B, and C on the exterior of the stand. Each of these options fits a specific MacBook. For instance, the first two options can fit any MacBook’s manufactured between 2013 and 2017.
The curved design comes with certain advantages. It allows more airflow between the base and the desk if you’re using your MacBook with a different screen. This explains why most of the stand’s previous buyers preferred to use the stand when using a full-size display with their Macs.
Key Specs and Features
- Sleek, simple Aluminium design
- An integrated cable organization system
- Color: Space Grey
- Weight: 158 grams
- Size: 9.4 by 3.1 by 3.9 inches
5: HumanCentric Vertical Laptop Stand
- OPTIMIZE YOUR DESK: Connect an external monitor, keyboard and mouse to...
- INSTANTLY ADJUSTS TO FIT: No tools or inserts needed; the vertical...
- PATENT PENDING DESIGN: Sleek and minimalist design (multiple US and...
While the laptop stand just before this is designed from curved Aluminium, HumanCentric vertical laptop stand is triangular instead! This stand is the most minimalistic of them all.
Just like the others, this stand is curved out of anodized Aluminium. This means that the whole unit is sturdy and durable. Besides, the triangular shape of the stand also gives more contact space between the laptop and the base of the stand. To increase the hold on the laptop, the whole of the inside base is lined with a row of silicone pads.
This stand is great for MacBook’s, especially if you intend to use it under “Clamshell mode” with a bigger output. While this places it in direct competition with the 12 South, the price gives the HumanCentric piece an edge. It costs far lower than 12 South’s Vertical Stand.
Key specs and Features
- Sleek Aluminium, silicone, and rubber triangular design
- Padded base for higher grip
- Uniform Matte black color
- Size: 9.5 x 3.6 x 3 inches
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
6: Omoton Double Desktop Stand Holder
- Updated Dock Version: Double dock stand capable of supporting two...
- Adjustable Size: Adjustable width compatible with various laptops as...
- Protective Mat: Non-toxic and non-slip silicone mats cover the laptop...
One laptop can cause a lot of clutter on a small desk.
But that’s not anything if you think about what two laptops can do. On most occasions, you would probably need two different vertical stands to declutter the desk. Fortunately, that isn’t the case anymore. Instead of getting two vertical stands, simply buy Omoton’s double Desktop Stand Holder. The “Double” in the whole name means that the stand has two docks.
Just like with the single-dock Omoton Vertical Stand, this one too uses anodized Aluminium as its base component. It also has rubber pads in the dock areas for grip. In addition, it has an adjustable screw to allow for changing of the cradle dimensions.
Recently, Omoton launched a reinvented version of the Double Desktop Stand Holder. While everything great in its earlier versions remain, the new vertical stand comes with an updated double-dock
Key Specs and Features
- Double Dock design to take on two laptops at the same time
- Adjustable dock width
- Compatibility with a variety of laptops
- Color: Metallic grey
- Size: 5.90 * 4.72 * 1.85 inches
- Weight: 690 Grams
7: Jarlink Vertical Laptop Stand
- Space Saver: Cradle up the monitor vertically, keep your laptop away...
- Adjustable Size: Adjustable for laptop width with thickness from 0.55...
- Protective and Stable: Anodized aluminum is scratch-resistant and...
When it comes to the sturdiest and most affordable vertical laptop stands, the Jarlink Vertical Stand towers above the rest.
Its reasonable price aside, this vertical laptop stand doesn’t leave anything to chance when it comes to durability and strength. It has a wide, adjustable base with enough cradle for a variety of laptop sizes. In addition, the cradle is lined on both ends using heavy rubber. This means that the whole unit has enough girth to hold your laptop firmly, and enough soft-material to ensure that your laptop doesn’t get any scratches.
For someone who’s looking for an affordable vertical stand without compromising the quality, you will be pleased with what the newly updated Jarlink stand has to offer. Besides more adjustability, the updated Jarlink model also has more padding, and a more scratch-resistant surface. However, it looks the same as its previous models.
Key specs and features
- Anodized Aluminium body
- Rubberized cradle interior
- Compatibility with a range of laptops and tablets
- Color: Matte black or grey
- Size: 6.00 x 6.07 x 1.75 inches
8: Bestand Vertical Laptop Stand
- 【Top-quality materials】: Made of Top-quality anodized aluminum...
- 【Versatile laptop stand】: double-sided design, not only can be...
- 【Better protect your laptop & MacBook】: Some of the trays that the...
For most people, a laptop and tablet, or a Mac and iPad combo is a commonplace arrangement on their desks. However, the storage arrangements for the two devices can get complicated quickly. They often don’t fit together on any stand!
As a solution, Bestand’s Vertical Stand allows you to store the two of them together without fuss. Each of the devices has an adjustable cradle on the stand. The bigger dock can fit Macs, or any other slim notebook while the smaller one takes most tablets or IPad with ease.
The stand comes with an extremely wide base. Under normal circumstances, this width would be enough for some level of sturdiness. To increase the strength of the stand, Bestand added a handful of rubber stands beneath the base surface. With this stand, you don’t have to worry about the chances of your laptop toppling down from a vertical surface. To be honest, there’s practically no chance it would do so.
Key specs and features
- Sturdy Aluminium body with wide base
- Reasonable price
- Takes laptops and smaller tablets or iPads at the same time.
- Size: 7.6 x 4.6 x 2.9 inches
- Color: Silver
A great vertical laptop stand will not just help you with decluttering your desk. It will do more than that. If anything, a good stand will allow you to arrange things the way want you want them to.
When shopping for the best vertical laptop stand, you should look at the size, design, price, and the durability of the stand. However, the most important of them all, would be whether or not the stand will fit your laptop. For larger laptops, the stands with larger spaces for adjustments are not just a choice, they are also the only choice!